AFS Global STEM Innovators Program 2022 for Young Egyptians
Deadline: July 17, 2022
Applications for the AFS Global STEM Innovators Program 2022 are now open. The AFS Global STEM Innovators is a full-scholarship, 5-week program for teens that starts with a virtual exchange program and culminates in a 2-day in-person sustainability workshop.
Both the online program and workshop will focus on STEM, global competence, and sustainability, with an emphasis on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Scholars will get to collaborate with diverse peers, network with STEM professionals, and earn an AFS Global Competence Certificate reflecting their new skills.
The scholarship covers:
- The tuition cost of the five-week digital program and 2-day local workshop;
- All costs and activities associated with the 2-day local workshop;
- Travel to the 2-day in-person workshop, as needed;
- 24/7 Emergency support;
- Certification of your AFS Global Competence Certificate.
- Open to teens (age 14-16) who reside in Egypt, with a keen interest in STEM, sustainability, and global competence. Birthdate: October 1, 2006, through October 1, 2008.
- Applicants should be curious and willing to interact with diverse peers and explore new cultures.
- Applicants should be able to participate fully, both online and in a classroom setting, in a program conducted entirely in English.
- Talented young people, particularly young women, underrepresented populations, and students with high financial needs, are strongly encouraged to apply!
Applicants will need the following to participate in the program:
- A computer, smartphone, or another digital device to access the virtual program content
- An integrated webcam and microphone for participation in online dialogue sessions
- Stable internet or wifi connection
For more information, visit AFS Global STEM Innovators.