BeGirlWorld Global Scholars Study Abroad Scholarship 2022
Deadline: July 29, 2022
Applications are open for the BeGirlWorld Global Scholars Study Abroad Scholarship 2022. BeGirlWorld Global Scholars will award two scholarships to Black female-identifying college students who have been accepted to a study abroad program:
- Philly Scholar: This scholarship is for one Black female-identifying college student who is from Philadelphia and is enrolled at an accredited Philadelphia/Metro-Philadelphia/Pennsylvania college or university.
- National Scholar: This scholarship is for one Black female-identifying college student who is enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States of America, Puerto Rico, or the US Virgin Islands.
- Two scholarships each worth $2,000 will be awarded to the selected students.
- Applicant must be identifying as female;
- Be 18 and over (must be of age by September 1, 2022);
- United States Citizen;
- Enrolled in a two- or four-year degree-granting program (Graduate students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship at this time.);
- Accepted into a Study Abroad program at the time of application;
- Philly Scholar applicants must also be current residents of the City of Philadelphia.
The following application materials will be required:
- Proof of US Citizenship: (Acceptable forms of documentation: original, digital, or copy of US birth certificate, US passport, or Certificate of Naturalization)
- Letter of Recommendation from a professor, supervisor, or mentor currently involved in your life in the last 3 years who can speak to your character, leadership, and passion to study abroad. You can submit this application and have your letter of recommendation sent via email to [email protected] instead. All application materials, including the letter of recommendation, must be received by the application deadline.
- Proof of enrollment and in good standing at a 2 or 4-year college with at least 36 credits (Acceptable form of documentation: current Official Transcript; unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.)
- Proof of acceptance into a study abroad program (Acceptable forms of documentation: digital or photocopy of Letter of Acceptance into Study Abroad Program)
- Proof of Philadelphia residency for Philly Scholar award ONLY
- (Acceptable forms of documentation: digital or photocopy of the current lease, home/property deed, a letter from landlord, utility bill, current voter registration, or birth certificate)
Applications and all supporting documents are due July 29, 2022. Late applications or documents will not be considered. Finalists will participate in an interview via video conference with members of the Scholarship Committee in late August. Winners will be announced on September 16, 2022.
For more information, visit BeGirlWorld Scholarship.