Stanford Biodesign Innovation Policy Fellowship 2023-2025
Deadline: September 22, 2022
Applications for the Stanford Biodesign Innovation Policy Fellowship 2023-2025. The Stanford Biodesign Innovation Policy Fellowship seeks to develop the next generation of health policy leaders capable of leveraging transformative new technologies to materially impact patient outcomes while democratizing access to care.
Technological innovations have the potential to significantly improve patient health and how healthcare is provided, while simultaneously expanding access and reducing costs. Policymakers and the decisions they make will contribute to how – and how quickly – this promise is realized. However, to accelerate the technology-driven transformation of the health sector, policymakers of the future will need to better understand the role of key public policy influencers, the motivations that drive their behavior, and the most effective techniques to gain their legislative and regulatory support, including new funding, faster coverage, and reasonable levels of reimbursement.
The mission of the Stanford Biodesign Innovation Policy Fellowship is to prepare aspiring policy leaders for this challenge by educating them on the process of health technology innovation. At the same time, their Innovation Policy Fellows will perform fundamental research on the impact of policy on health technology development and adoption to inform legislative and regulatory processes in the US and internationally. Their goal is to educate and advance the careers of policymakers who are equipped to contribute to balanced, data-driven decisions that help realize the full potential of technology innovation in the health sector.
- Compensation for the 2023-25 Innovation Policy Fellowship will be approximately $5,464 per month, plus a one-time $1,000 computer stipend. This amount is enough to cover basic room and board during the fellowship period.
- Candidates of any citizenship are welcome to apply. However, selected applicants must be authorized to work for any employer upon notification of acceptance to the fellowship.
- They are seeking applicants with diverse backgrounds from health systems, quality, and regulatory environments, health technology start-ups or corporations, or government. An advanced degree (MS, MPH, JD, MD, RN, or PhD) and 3-5 years of relevant work experience (or post-graduate study) is preferred.
- They look for individuals with a strong desire to pursue careers in health policy and a demonstrated interest in health technology innovation. Previous research and publishing experience is recommended but not required.
- They are seeking candidates with exceptional leadership ability, initiative, and strong written and verbal communication skills who are inquisitive, enterprising, and persuasive.
The application cycle for the 2023-25 fellowship year will close on Thursday, September 22, 2022. Download and read the application instructions before you start applying.