STem Academic Research and Training (START) Internship Program 2022
Deadline: June 30, 2022
Applications are open for the STem Academic Research and Training (START) Internship Program 2022. The mission of the Mathematics, Sciences & Engineering Division’s START program is to increase students’ retention and success in the Associate in Engineering and Associate in Science programs and improve engineering, quantitative and scientific literacy. Students will actively participate in faculty-mentored, co-curricular discovery opportunities.
Through hands-on research and engagement with the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) community, students will enrich their academic experience, further develop technical skills and increase their ability to be competitive in higher education and the STEM workforce. Students may have the opportunity to work on research projects and interact with peers from their partner institutions and have campus tours.
- Participating in START makes you officially a Wake Tech employee with job history.
- Students will receive $15/hour for 60 hours of commitment each semester.
- Add real skills and work experience to strengthen your transfer application.
- Learn to use cutting-edge tech used by STEM professionals.
- Experience classroom concepts in a practical setting to learn more and improve your grades.
- Decide if a future in STEM is right for you.
- Be enrolled as a Wake Tech student during the internship;
- Dedicate 60 hours per semester on internship (40 hours on research, 15 hours on weekly seminar, five hours of campus tours and community building), along with an oral or written communication piece;
- At least 18 years old;
- Aspire to transfer;
- Interested in a future career or degree program related to STEM;
- No GPA requirement;
- Agree to be a part of the evaluation study related to the grant.
- North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University
- North Carolina State University
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Duke University
- Duke Lemur Center
- Fayetteville State University
- Piedmont Health
Applications for Fall 2022 are available until 12 p.m. June 30. Applicants who are randomly selected will be notified the first week of July. Applicants will be expected to check and respond to emails during this time.
If, for some reason, you are unable to respond to the email between July 5 and July 15, kindly let the organizers know. Internships will begin once the fall semester is in session.
For more information, visit START Internship.