University of Kassel/University of Cape Coast International Summer School on Sustainable Mobility 2022
Deadline: July 18, 2022
Are you interested in interdisciplinary and collaborative learning on sustainable mobility? The University of Kassel, Germany, and the University of Cape Coast, Ghana, are jointly organizing an international summer school for young researchers, academia, and practitioners from Sub-Saharan African countries.
The MoveOn International Summer School will be hosted in-person from October 9th till 15th, 2022 on the campus of the University of Cape Coast. An additional virtual introductory and follow-up meetings are included.
With the focus on sustaining active mobility in Africa and the promotion of a sustainable mobility system worldwide, it is significant to explore the opportunities of knowledge transfer and exchange on relevant topics, methodologies, and practices in research and academia.
The MoveOn Summer School is highly practice-oriented and has a multidisciplinary focus on safe and sustainable mobility. It provides a comprehensive platform that allows for an interdisciplinary and collaborative engagement with researchers and practitioners on highly relevant research areas on sustainable mobility, which requires an urgent need for exploration. It also gives an opportunity for young researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa to discuss their research areas, challenges, and ideas as well as to strengthen their methodological and practical skills.
- The MoveOn Summer School is funded by the Volkswagen Foundation.
- Open to a young researchers, academia, and/or practitioner with an interest in sustainable mobility;
- Availability for full-time in-person participation during the MoveOn Summer School;
- High motivation is expressed in a letter of motivation;
- Good command of English.
The application process is organized into two steps.
- In the first step, to express your interest to participate in the MoveOn Summer School, you will fill out an application form.
- You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your expression of interest and requesting to submit the application documents.
- In the second step, submit the required documents (letter of motivation (max. 1 page) and CV (max. 2 pages)) per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit MoveOn Summer School.